BA (Geography) - Simon Fraser
MA (Geography) - Victoria
PhD (Geography) - McGill
Areas of Academic Interest
- Politics of science and planning
- Gentrification of conservation
- Pedagogies of space and place
- Political economies and ecologies of natural resources
- Climate/environmental justice
- Sustainability and social democracy
- Forest, environmental and conservation history
Major research projects
(Gerda Wekerle, Stephen Bocking and Stephen Hill), Contested Countryside: Landuse and Conflicts in Southern Ontario, SSHRC Insight Grant, 2012-2015.
(Adrina Bardekjian and Jay Pitter), Alternative Campus Tour, York University Academic Innovation Fund, 2012-2013.
(Jennifer Foster), From Rubble to Refuge: Ecological Restoration and the Aggregate Cycle in Toronto, Canada, SSHRC Standard Research Grant, 2008-11.
(Gerda Wekerle and Liette Gilbert), Unlikely Allies: Citizen Planning and Environmentalism on the Oak Ridges Moraine. SSHRC Standard Research Grant, 2003-7.
See my website: http://www.sandberg.blog.yorku.ca/