You are here
FES Graduate Academic Award
This award results from funds raised by the Faculty of Environmental Studies, York University, as part of the Ontario Student Opportunity Trust Fund (OSOTF) program launched by the Ontario Government. The award was established to support students registered full time in their second year of the Master in Environmental Studies Program, and who demonstrate financial need and academic merit. Recipients must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents and Ontario residents.
This award is open to students registered in the 2nd year of the Master's Program in Environmental Studies at York University.
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident;
- be an Ontario resident;
- demonstrate financial need on a bursary application;
- be registered full time in the 2nd year of their Master's Program in Environmental Studies;
- be making normal progress in the MES program to qualify for the award, including no more than one incomplete from the previous term;
- a one-page statement of the student's focus of study as well as the student's intention of completing his/her program is required;
- provide one letter of reference from an FES faculty member.
Applications will be adjudicated by the MES Program and Admissions Subcommittee.
Number of awards:
Value of award:
* Take note: The value and number of award(s) in any given year will depend on the rate of distribution from the endowment fund, and the number of recipients selected.
Open to 2nd year MES students