The Faculty of Environmental Studies (FES) has a variety of classrooms, seminar rooms, and computer labs available to book for FES community members.
The list of available rooms include:
|Room||Type||Description||Max capacity||Presentation Equipment|
|HNES 102||Classroom||Herman Miller Room||42|
|HNES 109||Classroom||Seminar Room
Seminar Room | SINGLE PROJECTOR | PULLDOWN SCREEN |
Must bring your own Laptop
|*HNES 136||Lounge||Student lounge outside of OSAS||200||No equipment available|
|*HNES 138||Classroom||Dean's conference room||27|| View
Meeting Room | LARGE TV DISPLAY | PC | WIRELESS KEYBOARD | BULKHEAD (VGA/Audio inputs) | TELEPHONE | WEBCAM | EXTERNAL MICROPHONE/SPEAKER SYSTEM
|HNES 140||Classroom||Assembly Room||150||View|
|HNES 141||Classroom||Seminar Room||30||View|
|HNES 142||Classroom||Seminar Room||40|| View
Seminar Room | SINGLE PROJECTOR | POWERED SCREEN | PC | VCR | DVD/CD | BULKHEAD (VGA/Audio inputs)
|HNES 143||Classroom||Seminar Room||12|| View
Seminar Room | PUll DOWN SCREEN | VCR | DVD/CD
|*HNES 207||Classroom||Planning Workshop||21|| View
Seminar Room | SINGLE PROJECTOR | PC | WEBCAM | INTERACTIVE WHITEBOARD
|HNES 248||Classroom||Seminar Room||12||View|
|HNES 249||Computer Lab||Teaching/Drop-in||26||View|
|HNES 253||Computer Lab||Teaching/Drop-in||34||View|
|HNES 258||Computer Lab||Teaching/Drop-in||39||View|
|HNES 281||Classroom||Seminar Room||12||View|
Most of the classrooms and all computer labs in the Faculty of Environmental Studies (FES) are equipped with presentation technology. York University Information Technology (UIT) Classroom Operations provides the equipment and support for these classrooms.
- Any classroom with a built in PC requires a Passport York account to log in
- Instructions for using equipment are listed in all rooms
- Personal laptops can be connected through VGA or HDMI (cable is provided)
- User must bring their own adapter if the laptop e.g. MacBook does not have a VGA or HMDI connection
- Additional equipment and training sessions are available upon request
How do I get help?
- Contact the UIT Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at ext. 55800 (416-736-5800)
- Please note that FES IT Services is not responsible for the operation of the equipment
How to Book?
- Rooms must be booked in advance through a staff or faculty FES community member.
- View the list of presentation equipment available in each room before submitting room request. (room details are listed above under Presentation equipment)