Computing Services

Welcome to the Computing Services website. We provide a wide range of computing services exclusive to members of the FES community. Services for the overall York community are provided by University Information Technology (UIT).

Services for Students

Services for Faculty & Staff

Computing Policies

Use of University computing services is a privilege, and comes with specific responsibilities. Please be sure to read the University's computing policies to understand your obligations.


Where do I get computing help?

The answer depends on what kind of help you need. In almost all cases, it will be fastest for you to review the instructions or help features of the service or software you are using and see if they can help.

Contact University Information Technology (UIT) helpdesk regarding any computing problems at York (for example, problems with computer accounts, email, web hosting and wireless internet access).

If you have a problem specific to the FES computing system, you can consult the FES Help Desk in 256 HNES. The Help Desk is intended to assist with general computer problems such as logging in, printing and email. They can only deal with problems specific to the FES system, and cannot provide assistance with software use.

If you are unsure of who to contact about your problem, please ask the FES Help Desk for clarification.

Can I use the FES computers to register/enroll and setup other York services without having a Passport York login?

Yes! You can access all York services without a Passport York login by going to any FES computer lab and entering the username: express and password: express.

I forgot my Passport York password or username? How do I get a new one?

1. Visit the (Manage My services) website and then refer to the "Forgot my password or username" section.

2. Visit any FES computer lab and enter the username: express and password: express to access the (Manage My services) website and then refer to the "Forgot my password or username" section.

Please contact the FES Help Desk for more details.

Where can I go if the computer labs in Health Nursing and Environmental Studies (HNES) Building are closed

There are several other computer labs on campus. Note that all currently enrolled students can use the computers in the Computing Commons and in the Libraries for free.

"Do I need a YU-card to print?

FES students will be able to log into the Print Release station PC in HNES 259 by swiping their YU-card, or using their Passport York login information. Please note that you MUST use your own YU-card or Passport York login to print. Using another YU-card or login information will NOT display your print jobs or account balance.

How do I get help?

Instructions for queuing and printing are posted next to the Print Station in HNES 259. If you need further assistance, contact the help desk support staff located in HNES 256.

Are there any student/university deals for purchasing computers or software?

University Information Technology (UIT) offers free and discounted software to the campus community. Private companies also often give special discounted “educational prices” to members of the University community. ID is required. For more information, contact Data Integrity, York University’s computing store, at 416-736-5993.