Financial Support

As a York graduate student you must maintain continuous registration until you have completed your program of study. In other words you must register and pay fees for every term – fall, winter and summer – from the start of your degree until it is finished.

To calculate your tuition fees for a given year, please visit the Student Financial Services Course and Program Fees page.

Financial support

As a PhD student, details about your funding were provided to you with your offer of admission. PhD funding is normally in the form of a Teaching Assistantship (TA) but may also involve other arrangements.

As a Teaching Assistant (TA) you are a member of Unit 1 of CUPE local 3903, and are entitled to all of the health and other benefits associated with that membership. Please review the CUPE 3903 website to ensure you take advantage of these benefits.

The Faculty of Environmental Studies also supports our students through awards, scholarships and bursaries available only to our students and by providing guidance on how to find and apply for other awards (including major external scholarships such as OGS and SSHRC). See the financial support in the Services & Community section of our website for details.