Minimum Academic Requirements
Please note that meeting the minimum academic requirements is not a guarantee of admission to our program. More information is available on the Admission Requirements page. Deadlines can be found on the Future Students website.
Ontario high school applicants
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- Six 4U/M courses including ENG4U (Francophone applicants may present FRA4U, FEF4U, FIF4U)
- Mid to high 70s
High school applicants from other Canadian provinces
- Same general requirements as university study in your home province
- Mid to high 70s
- Admission and Application Procedure for Out of Province students
Applicants transferring from a college
- Completion of at least two full semesters (4 full year courses) of academic study at an accredited college
- Overall average of 3.0 on a 4-point scale (or equivalent)
Applicants transferring from a university
- Completion of at least two full semesters (4 full year courses) of degree studies at an accredited university
- Overall average of 2.3 on a 4-point scale (or equivalent)
- 20 years or older as of the first day of classes
- Have been out of full-time high school studies for at least two years and have attempted less than one full year of studies at an accredited university or college
- Have demonstrated potential for success through academic, professional or volunteer activities and other accomplishments.
- For most countries, we consider the same academic preparation required for university entry in that country
- Admission and Application Procedure for International Students
1. Complete an Online Application Form and pay the application fee
Ontario high school students must complete an online application through the OUAC website using the 101 application. The application fee for the 101 application is $150 for three program choices at any Ontario university.
Please keep in mind that you must create an account, complete your application, and pay the OUAC application fee before we can receive your application.
The application fee for the 105 application is $156 for three program choices at any Ontario university plus supplementary university and document fees. Please keep in mind that you must create an account, complete your application, and pay the OUAC application fee before we can receive your application.
The application fee for the York University website is $120 for two program choices at York University. Your application cannot be processed until payment is received. No documents will be reviewed prior to the submission of this form.
2. Access your MyFile Account
Within 4 business days after you have applied, you will receive a confirmation email from York University with your 9 digit student reference number which you will need to access our online system, MyFile.
3. Submit all supporting documents
Your MyFile will indicate the status of your application and any documents that you are required to submit. It is important to check your MyFile regularly for any updates to your file to ensure we have received all documents required to complete your file for an admissions decision. Processing decision times on completed files is generally between 6 to 8 weeks from time of completion