Minimum Academic Requirements
Please note that meeting the minimum academic requirements is not a guarantee of admission to our program. More information is available on the Admission Requirements page. Deadlines can be found on the Future Students website.
Ontario high school applicants
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- Six 4U/M courses including ENG4U (Francophone applicants may present FRA4U, FEF4U, FIF4U)
- Mid to high 70s
High school applicants from other Canadian provinces
- Same general requirements as university study in your home province
- Mid to high 70s
- Admission and Application Procedure for Out of Province students
Applicants transferring from a college
- Completion of at least two full semesters (4 full year courses) of academic study at an accredited college
- Overall average of 3.0 on a 4-point scale (or equivalent)
Applicants transferring from a university
- Completion of at least two full semesters (4 full year courses) of degree studies at an accredited university
- Overall average of 2.3 on a 4-point scale (or equivalent)
- 20 years or older as of the first day of classes
- Have been out of full-time high school studies for at least two years and have attempted less than one full year of studies at an accredited university or college
- Have demonstrated potential for success through academic, professional or volunteer activities and other accomplishments.
- For most countries, we consider the same academic preparation required for university entry in that country
- Admission and Application Procedure for International Students
Additional Admissions Requirements for Dual Credential Programs
These requirements differ depending on entry point into BES and program of interest*:
|Dual Credential Program||Students beginning their studies at York University||Students beginning their studies at Fleming College|
|Ecosystem Management with Fleming College||4U Math||Completion of the 3 year Fleming College Advanced Diploma in EcoSystems Management Technology with a 3.0 GPA|
|Urban Sustainability with Seneca College||4U Math||Completion of the 3 year Seneca College Advanced Diploma in Civil Engineering Technologies with a 3.0 GPA|
|Environmental Management Technology with Seneca College||4U Math||Completion of the 3 year Seneca College Advanced Diploma in Environmental Technology with a 3.0 GPA|
* Students who do not have the math requirement at time of admission may complete this requirement during their first 3 years of the BES program to be eligible for a Dual Credential program. These students can then submit an application form before the end of their third year of study.
1. Complete an Online Application Form and pay the application fee
Ontario high school applicants must apply online completing the OUAC 101 application.
Please keep in mind that you must submit a completed application and pay application fees before we can receive your application. No documents will be reviewed prior to the submission of an online application.
2. Access your MyFile Account
Within 4 business days after you have applied, you will receive a confirmation email from York University with your 9-digit student reference number which you will need to access our online system, MyFile.
3. Submit all supporting documents
Your MyFile will indicate the status of your application and any documents that you are required to submit. It is important to check your MyFile regularly for any updates to your file to ensure we have received all documents required to complete your file for an admissions decision. Processing decision times on completed files is generally between 6 to 8 weeks from time of completion