- B.A. Urban Planning, Art University of Tehran, Iran (2009)
- M.A. Urban and Regional Planning , Tehran, Iran (2011)
Production of Space in Iran and the Middle East
Year Entered: 2018
- Critical Theories of Space
- Critical Theories of the State
- Dialectical Methodologies
- Member. Saray-e-Ahl-e-Ghalam (writers and translators organization), Tehran, Iran, 2015-Present
- Editorial Board, and Founder, Space and Dialectics (www.dialecticalspace.com), 2016-Present
- John Simoulidis
- Kanishka Goonewardena
- Stefan Kipfer
BOOKS TRANSLATED (English to Persian)
- Brenner, Neil, Peter Marcuse and Margit Mayer (2012): Cities for People not for Profit; Critical Urban Theory and the Right to the City, Routledge, (forthcoming).
- Gottdiener, Mark (1994 (1985)): the Social Production of Urban Space, University of Texas Press, Austin, (forthcoming).
- Zieleniec, Andrzej (2007): Space and Social Theory, Sage Publications, London. Elmi va Farhangi Publishing, Tehran, 2017.
- Lefebvre, Henri (1973) 1976. Survival of Capitalism, Reproduction of the Relations of Production, Translated by Frank Bryant, St. Martin's Press, New York. Teesa Publishing, Tehran, 2016.
- An introduction to Henri Lefebvre’s production of space (selected essays of Henri Levebvre, Mark Gottdiener, Christian Schmid, Andrew Merrifield, Lukasz Stanek and Stuart Elden), Teesa Publishing, Tehran, 2015
- Lefebvre, Henri (2004): Rhythmanalysis; Space, Time and Everyday Life, trans. Stuart Elden and Gerald Moore, Continuum, London and New York. Rokhdad-e-No Press, Tehran, 2014
- Lefebvre, Henri (1939) 1968. Dialectical Materialism. London: Jonathan Cape, 1968. Teesa Publishing, Tehran, 2014
ARTICLES (In Persian)
- Planning Problematic: Un-planning in Iran, an Introduction to the Necessity of Planning Theorization, Space and Dialectics (http://dialecticalspace.com/planning-problematic/), 2018 (Fall).
- City and Democracy: A Critical View on Mayor Selection by City Council, Space and Dialectics (http://dialecticalspace.com/urban-democracy/), 2017 (Spring).
- An Expert City Council: A New Intellectual Fashion! Rejecting the Arguments that Support Technocratism, Space and Dialectics (http://dialecticalspace.com/city-council1/), 2017 (Spring).
- Thinking in Lefebvre’s Way: An Introduction to Lefebvre’s Dialectical Materialism, Society, Culture and Media, (Tehran), Vol. 11, 2014, pp. 111-124.
BOOK REVIEWS (In Persian)
- Lefebvre, Henri, the Survival of Capitalism, Reproduction of the Relations of Production, translated by Frank Bryant, St. Martin’s Press, (1973/1976). In Vaqaye Etefaqieh newspaper, 2017 (Spring).
- Alain Badiou, the Century, (Polity, 2007). In Soore Andisheh Journal, No. 86-87, 2015 (Fall).
- Lefebvre, Henri, Rhythmanalysis; Space, Time and Everyday Life, (Continuum, 2004). In Soore Andisheh Journal, No. 82-83, 2014 (Winter).
TRANSLATED ARTICLES (To Persian)
- Harvey. David (2014): Cities or Urbanization, in Implosions/Explosions: Towards a Study of Planetary Urbanization, by Neil Brenner, Berlin, Jovis, pp. 52-66. Published in: Space and Dialectics (http://dialecticalspace.com/cities-or-urbanization/), 2017 (summer).
- Smith, Neil (2002): New Globalism, New Urbanism: Gentrification as Global Urban Strategy, Antipode, pp. 427-450. Published in: Space and Dialectics (http://dialecticalspace.com/newglobalism-newurbanism-gentrification/), 2016 (winter).
- Blomley, Nicholas (2003): Law, Property, and the Geography of Violence: The Frontier, the Survey, and the Grid, Annals of the Association of American Geographers, 93(1), pp. 121–141. Published in: Space and Dialectics (http://dialecticalspace.com/law-property-geography-violence/), 2016 (autumn).
- Yiftachel, Oren (2009): Theoretical Notes on Gray Cities: the Coming of Urban Apartheid, Planning Theory, Vol 8(1), 87-99. Published in: Rokhdad-e-Taze Andisheh Website, 2016.
- Merrifield Andy (2015): Towards a Metaphilosophy of the Urban, Antipode. Published in: www.pecritique.com, 2016.
- Sekine, Thomas T. (2008): The Dialectic of Capital: An Unoist Interpretation, In Dialectics for the New Century, Edited by Bertell Ollman and Tony Smith, Palgrave Macmillan, 2008, pp. 200-210. Published in: http://praxies.org/?p=5264.
- Maattanen, Pentti (2007): Semiotics of space: Peirce and Lefebvre, Semiotica, 166–1/4, 453–461. Published in Tashakol, No. 8, 2014.
- Goonewardena, Kanishka (2008): Marxism and everyday life: on Henri Lefebvre, Guy Debord, and some others, In Space, Difference and Everyday Life, Edited by Kanishka Goonewardena, Stefan Kipfer, Richard Milgrom, Christian Schmid, Routledge, pp. 117-133. Published in www.pecritique.com, 2014.
- Merrifield, Andrew (1993): Place and Space: A Lefebvrian Reconciliation, Transactions of the Institute of British Geographers, New Series, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 516-531.
- Uchida, Hiroshi (1988): “Marx’s Grundrisse and Hegel’s Logic”, edited by Terrell Carver, Routledge. pp. 8-27. In http://pecritique.com
- Land Question and Informality, for Urban Development and Revitalization Organization (UDRO) of the Iranian Ministry of Roads and Urban Development (MRUD), Tehran, Iran, 2016 (autumn), 2016-2017.
- Social Assessment of Urban Planning Process, Harandi Neighborhood, for Social and Culturan Deputy of Tehran Municipality, Tehran, 2015-2016.
- Teaching Assistant, “Earth in our Hands: Perspectives in Environmental Studies” Faculty of Environmental Studies, York University (2018-Present)
- Lecturer, “Dialectics as Method” A One-year Course, Rokhdad-e-Taze Andisheh Institute, Tehran, Iran, 2015-2016.
- Lecturer, University of Applied Science and Technology, Center of Urban Transportation, Tehran Municipality, Urban planning fundamentals and urban designing fundamentals (2013-2016)
- Lecturer, Islamic Azad University of Pardis, Tehran Province, Urban sociology (2011-2013)
Rethinking Tehran Modern Heritage through the Lens of Production of Space, Presentation at the Young Bauhaus Research-International Conference ‘‘Modern Heritage in the MENA region’’, from 30. To 31. August, 2017
- Why Scale Theorizing Matters? A Critical Review of Different Approaches to Scale, (https://www.konesh.space/home/why-scale-theorizing-matters), 2018 (Fall)
- March 2018: Localization as a mask for dogmatism: a review of Iranian confrontation with Lefebvre’s right to the city, Vartan House, Tehran, Iran.
- March 2018: Edward Soja’s Postmetropolis: a critical reading, jointly hosted by the Iranian Sociological Association and Iraninan Association of Cultural Studies, University of Tehran, Iran
- July 2017: an introduction to a new epistemology of the urban, hosted by Institute for Social Studies and Research, University of Tehran, Iran.
- April 2017: on Urban Question, hosted by the Anthropology Association, University of Tehran, Iran.
- December 2016: Explanation of the Elements of a Holistic Approach to Urban Planning, hosted by Department of Cultural and Social Studies, Municipality of Mashhad, Iran.
- December 2016: Space and Social Theory in Urban Researches, hosted by Social Science Department, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Iran, 2016 (autumn).
- November 2016: A Critique of Informal Settlements Theories: with a Look on Iran’s Conditions, hosted by Urban Development and Revitalization Organization (UDRO) of the Iranian Ministry of Roads and Urban Development (MRUD), Tehran, Iran.
- Workshop Director and Co-organizer, “Housing Question”, Space and Dialectics Research Group, Tehran, Iran. 2017-present.
- Founding member of Tehran Circle Group (An Independent Research Group Focused on Urban Question in General and the Production of Tehran in Particular), Tehran, Iran. 2011-present.