- B. Sc. (Honours) Wildlife Biology, University of Guelph (2009)
- M. Sc. Animal Nutrition and Metabolism, University of Guelph (2010)
An Integrative Approach to Polar Bear (Ursus maritimus) Management: Employing Fatty Acid Analysis, Movement Patterns, and Traditional Ecological Knowl
Year Entered: 2010
An integrative analysis of polar bear foraging: biochemical, spatial, and traditional knowledge approaches to polar bears in Southern Hudson Bay
- Food web ecology
- Traditional Ecological Knowledge and Wildlife Management in Canada's North
- Dr. Gail Fraser
- Dr. Gregory Thiemann
- Dr. Martyn Obbard (Trent/Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources)
- Laforest, B.J., Winegardner, A.K., Zaheer, O.A., Jeffery, N.W., Boyle, E.E., Adamowicz, S.J. (2013) Insights into Biodiversity Sampling Strategies for Freshwater Microinvertebrate Faunas through Bioblitz Campaigns and DNA Barcoding. BMC Ecology 13:13 doi:10.1186/1472-6785-13-13.
- 2013 Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences: Environmental Studies Association of Canada. Collaborative Mapping of Polar Bears in James Bay: Towards the Integration of Traditional Ecological Knowledge and Science. Victoria, British Columbia.
- 2012 York University Northern Studies Symposium. Mapping Traditional Ecological Knowledge: Insights into Polar Bear Status in James Bay. Toronto, Ontario.
- 2012 Association of Canadian Universities for Northern Studies Student Conference. Polar bear status in James Bay: Insights from Traditional Ecological Knowledge. Val d’Or, Québec.
- 2011 Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA) Annual Meeting. Thermoregulation in the Asian Elephant; A Novel Demonstration of the Trunk as a Thermoregulatory Site. Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
- 2011 Canadian Society of Zoologists 50th Anniversary Meeting. Thermoregulation in the Asian elephant (Elephas maximus); A Novel Demonstration of the Trunk as a Thermoregulatory Site. Ottawa, Ontario
- President’s Advisory Committee on Northern Studies, York University, 2012 - Present.
- Faculty Appointment Advisory Committee, York University, 2011
- Faculty Council, Faculty of Environmental Studies, York University, 2010 - 2012
- Wildlife Conservation Society Canada, W. Garfield Weston Graduate Fellowship
- Canadian Wildlife Federation, Endangered Species Fund (co-applicant)
- Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources, Species at Risk Research Fund for Ontario (co-applicant)
- Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada, Northern Studies Training Program
- Churchill Northern Studies Centre, Northern Research Fund
- 2013 W. Garfield Weston Award for Northern Research (Doctoral)
- 2013 Ontario Graduate Scholarship (declined)
- 2011 John A. Livingston Ecological Conscience and Nature Advocacy Award
- 2010 Adrienne Pocock Memorial Award
- 2010 University of Guelph Ontario Agricultural College Dean’s Award